Capacity Building in Labour Law
Your building blocks towards a career in Labour Law
This skills programme covers various labour laws and will provide a thorough analysis of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and Employment Equity Act.
This course is ideal for:
Shop stewards, Line Managers, Supervisors and HR Administrators
This programme is aligned to the following Unit Standards:
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations in an organisation (Unit Standard ID 10170 NQF3 – 3 credits)
- Monitor and advise on substantive conditions of employment and related rights and obligations in an organisation (Unit Standard ID 11909 NQF5 – 5 credits)
- Participate in the implementation and utilisation of equity related processes (Unit Standard ID 10983 NQF4 – 5 credits)
- The Labour Relations Act: A comprehensive analysis of the LRA including: Collective Bargaining and Collective agreements; Strikes and Lock-outs; Dispute Resolution; Dismissal – Unfair Labour Practice.
- Skills Development Act: What is the NSA?; SETA’S; Learnerships; Skills Programmes.
- Employment Equity Act: Prohibition of Unfair Discrimination; Affirmative Action;
Commission for Employment Equity; Monitoring, Enforcement and Legal Proceedings; Protection of Employee Rights.
- The Basic conditions of Employment Act: A comprehensive analysis of the BCEA including: Purpose and Application; Regulation of Working Time; Leave Provisions; Particulars of Employment and Remuneration; Termination of Employment; Sectoral Determinations; Monitoring, Enforcement and Legal Proceedings; Codes of Good Practice.
- Further Emphasis on Employment Equity: Establishment of a committee; The role and function of an EE committee; Example of an EE plan; EE reporting.
- Special Focus: Handling Absenteeism
- This workshop is offered as a public, or in-house workshop that can be customised to suit your organisation’s needs.
- Please contact your nearest GBS office for a comprehensive quotation.
- Public courses are subject to minimum numbers.
- Global Business Solutions is a SSETA, ETDP & SABPP Accredited Training Provider.